Nafeti /nʌfe’ti/ is a visual artist based in Toronto, Canada. With her art she explores the concept of freedom and moving away from outdated rules, frames and limitations.
Her interest in visual art emerged in childhood, although for the longest time she never seriously engaged with art. Instead, she explored law and economics as more “down to earth” subjects. But the creative spark was still there, waiting to be discovered.
Initially, Nafeti turned to photography. A 1-year course at School of Photography and a 10-year photography practice gave her a strong background in composition, light and color, but she always felt that she wanted more freedom in creating art and expressing herself.
In 2016-2018 she studied at Fine Art School, which helped her to develop her own painting style and form thematic preferences. With that new background, the process of artwork creation started to flow easily and naturally.
Nafeti’s preferred medium is oil due to its color depth and saturation, wide color palette and flexibility. She works mainly in expressionist style, which allows to convey emotions in the most transparent way with the help of color, texture and composition.
She draws her inspiration from nature with its inexhaustible beauty and diversity. Along with that she is deeply concerned about people’s irresponsible use of the biosphere. She translates all these emotions and concerns to viewers through her paintings, be it a still life with a modest daisy bouquet, an abstract work depicting wild fire in Australian woods or a Salvador Dali portrait. Nafeti has successfully participated in art exhibitions and been featured in media; her paintings are presented in art collections in Canada and the USA.
During all these times, Nafeti does not forget her other passion – writing poems for kids. A number of her books have already been published on paper and in the internet, including books of poems for kids ‘From Three to Thirteen’, ‘Alphabet Book’, ‘Little Stories’, ‘Animal Stories’, ‘Sea Stories’ and ‘Granny’s Calendar’, for which she had drawn about 200 graphic illustrations.
Nafeti hopes her arts bring more positivity into this complicated world.
- Two Special Recognition Awards in the 3rd annual art competition “Patterns, Textures and Forms” at Light, Space and Time Art Gallery in October 2019.
- Two Special Recognition Awards in the 9th annual art competition “SeaScapes” at Light, Space and Time Art Gallery in November 2019.
- Finalist of the 5th annual art competition “Colorful Abstractions” at Fusion Art Gallery in December 2019.
- Two Honorable Mention Awards in the 1st art competition “Botanicals” at Art Room Gallery in December 2019.
- The Best of Show Award in the art competition “Red” at Colors of Humanity Art Gallery in February 2020.
- Finalist of the 4th annual art competition “Colors” at Fusion Art Gallery in March 2020.
- Honorable Mention Award in the 2nd art competition “Portraits” at Art Room Gallery in March 2020.
- Finalist of the “Icons” juried online art competition at Las Laguna Art Gallery (USA) in September 2021.
- “Patterns, Textures and Forms” juried online art exhibition 2019 at Light, Space and Time Art Gallery (USA), October 2019.
- “SeaScapes” juried online art exhibition 2019 at Light, Space and Time Art Gallery (USA), November 2019.
- 5th annual juried online art exhibition “Colorful Abstractions” at Fusion Art Gallery (USA), December 2019.
- “Botanicals” juried online art exhibition at Art Room Gallery, December 2019.
- “Red” juried online art exhibition at Colors of Humanity Art Gallery (USA), February 2020.
- 4th annual juried online art exhibition “Colors” at Fusion Art Gallery (USA), March 2020.
- 2nd juried online art exhibition “Portraits” at Art Room Gallery in March 2020.
- “Figurative/Portrait” online art exhibition at Contemporary Art Gallery (USA) in September 2020.
- “Icons” online art exhibition at Las Laguna Art Gallery (USA) in September 2021.
- Featured in a SaatchiArt Gallery collection, February 2021.
- “ArtAscent” Art & Literature Journal, Feature: “Portraits”, V47, February 2021, pages 30-33.
- “ArtTreasury 2021” Collector’s Annual. Skybase Publishing Inc., 2020, pages 24-29.
- Louise Deslauriers regarding ‘Green Eyes’ portrait: ‘I just received and unpacked it and love it. It is strikingly beautiful! You are gifted!’
- Nick Bajorek regarding ‘Midsummer’ still life: ‘Very excited about this piece! Thanks so much.’
- Taren Byrne regarding ‘Night Club Haze’ portrait: ‘I know it’s been a while since I purchased your painting but I had a plan to make a gallery wall in my front hall and it’s finally done so I wanted to show you 🙂 I love it so much!’
- Joyce Trenholm regarding ‘Independence’ portrait: ‘Thank you for allowing me to enjoy this beautiful piece of art.’
Artwork website: https://nafetiart.com
Visual arts on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nafeti_arts
Photography websites: https://nafetiphoto.webnode.com
My Readers’ Poetry Club website: https://natalia-timokhina.webnode.ru
Poetry website: https://stihi.ru/avtor/nftimokhina
Video channel: https://www.youtube.com/@nataliatimokhina
SaatchiArt Gallery shop: https://www.saatchiart.com/nafetiart
Partial Gallery shop: https://nafetiart.partial.gallery
HelloArt Gallery shop: https://helloart.com/collections/nafeti-art
E-books’ shop: https://www.xinxii.com/natalia-timokhina-107462
Digital Art shop: https://stock.adobe.com/ca/contributor/211229234/nafeti?load_type=author&prev_url=detail